The opponent to my right raises strong, PERFECT! This guy isn't going to walk away no matter what I do. I shove and he shoves; our stacks are about even. Its my Kings vs his nines. I am in great position to double up. Flop comes completely , harmless to me, and it's no help to him. I take a deep breath and close my eyes as I tell myself that I am still a huge favorite. I open my eyes, and to my utter dismay, a nine shows up on the turn. Of COURSE. The river card is of no consequence and I lose my full stack.
Why is it that this always seems to happen to yours truly? There is no way I should not have shoved in that instance. The guy to my right was crazy to call and all-in with pocket nines! I need to look up the percentages but I know I was a heavy favorite as he only had 2 cards to get himself out of trouble, and he HITS one on the TURN!
This put me on tilt like I have never experienced on Sunday. I had to shut down the franchise for the day. I still can't get it out of my head, and I fear playing at the tables going into this week. I guess its true, you never remember your winning hands, but you clearly recall your losing ones. This has set me back alot as I have recently been graduating myself to higher stakes regardless of my bankroll rules... I now realize that I have one of two recourses. I can either take a brief brake this week, or I can get back to lower limits. Its tough to stay true to my rules, but it is what I need to do to make money without going bust like usual.
I am still having difficulty with the previously described hand. i can't get over how bad my luck is... Oh well, I really need to learn to move on.
No comments:
Post a Comment