Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

100 Sit-n-Go's

Today, March 20th 8:00 pm I played my final $5.00 bankroll on rush poker. I went all in with Queens post flop and had two callers, one had JJ and the other held 55 with a 5 on the board. Needless to say I sit dejected once again with $0.00 in my Full Tilt Poker account and a negative ROI for the past 5 years.

I have been toying with this idea for some time to finally put a stake in the ground and create an experiment that I can hopefully learn from in the end.

Here is the plan. I will play 100 sit-n-gos and blog (possibly vlog or ustream) each one. Each pivotal hand will be posted to a poker website of my choosing for scrutiny and I will try my best to analyze each sit-n-go tournament to its fullest. At this point I plan to play 2 sit-n-go tournaments per week and spend the rest of the time reviewing, replaying and learning from each tournament I play.

I feel that, just as in basketball or football, by reviewing the 'game-tape' I will be better able to analyze my play and my opponents play going forward. As I study the game I hope to finally become profitable.

Here is my issue, I have read a few books and played countless hours online, but I have never  truly attempted to study the game. I feel that this is the worst thing anyone can do. The learning curve for me has taken too long. Now its time to finally become profitable, or I have to live without playing poker as much as I do. I hope that both my readers and I gain perspective from my commentary and look forward to further details on the strategy going forward.

I intend to take my time with this task, so you can probably expect my next entry to be a week or two from now. Good Luck to All at the tables - except for mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Can I Wibiya 1 Million